Translate

Friday, January 20, 2012

You shall not take the name of your Lord thy God in vain


You shall not take the name of your Lord thy God in vain.  - (Just what does this mean, vain: 1. without real significance, value or importance. In other words, without knowing you said it, where there is no thought of God). When I was seven, my father bought me a BB gun and gave it to me with a few rules. One of these rules were “you can’t shoot song birds, if I catch you shooting song birds, it’s your ass.” Well I learned one bird from another because when my Dad said it’s your ass, I knew what he meant, and I knew he meant it! At the time I thought Dad liked songbirds, but I’m a grown man now and my Dad is dead. He didn’t give a damn about a song bird, I know that now, he wanted to make sure that I always knew what was in my sights before I pulled the trigger. In the same way God, by denying us the use of his name without cause, which he finds offensive, has demanded we be present to who we are, what we say and what we do. That we be actors in this life and not spectators. That we be true to thy own self.


Now lets develop this Idea a little, this means you are created in such a way, as to be present, anytime you’re conscience, if you choose to be. This is a very important concept here, because it brings into play the idea of the will. What is the will? The will is the conscience’s power over the body. The conscience is confirmed because it can choose contrary to the way it feels. Thus the will exists because the conscience exists. Now consider this for a moment, look at the world of mammals, or animals, no where among them do you fine one that can choose contrary to the way it feels. It’s how they work, it is what makes them work and respond to the world around it. They are hard wired. If you want to change an animal’s behavior, you change the way he feels. Yet, among human beings alone can behavior be observed contrary to the way the creature feels, and indeed, encourages their young to act contrary to the way they feel. Thus, this is the witness to the will, which in turn is wittiness to the conscience.

Now this is very basic, and very simple, but consider it for your self. Now you might say, well? All the commandments, cause you to know what you are doing, to be present, yes I agree, but! The second commandment addresses this idea at the very level of the being, the place in the mind where who and what you are manifest itself into language, where it can be spoken, are not. This is where the human being exsists, where the gray mass comes forth into language in such away it can be understood by the conscience, and the conscience of others, if spoken. This is the very core of your being, and the second commandment demands you be present, at the guard at all times
. ©

George Henry Nichols 

No comments:

Post a Comment