Translate

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

She was faceless and nameless



She was faceless and nameless
Yet I knew her well,
She used her charm, and spun her wiles
And upon me, she cast a spell.
She took me to a place unknown
And there she showed me all,
And told me if I did not conform
I would surely take a fall.
I followed her, for just awhile
But all I saw was pain.
She said this is the way of life,
For the way of life is plain.
And here she left me all alone
And my soul to ponder.
But then I began to think on my own,
And this place to wonder.

But then I met a different girl,
From the northern part of Wales
She was filled with mirth and joy,
And told quite a different tale.
She show’d me the moon above,
The glory of the night.
But then she said without delay,
Don’t forget, where it gets it light.
Cool and calm and filled with wonder,
Is the nature of the night.
But she led me to the truth of day,
And walked with me, in the glorious light.
©
George Henry Nichols

No comments:

Post a Comment